Thursday, July 15, 2010

What am I doing today on retreat? . . .

. . . Well, I'm trying to "harness for God the energies of love," the love that is all around me. It's in you, the dear people of St. Paul's and Shelton. It's in my family. It's in the glories of nature - earth and sky and sand and sea. It's in the words on the page and in the Word made flesh. It's out there. And this is the time when I pray, in the most focused way, that all those energies of love may be gathered within me in some unique and powerful way, that they may flow out again in some new way into our community and the world.

This summer may there be times and places for the gathering of love in you, as well.
Blessings,
Janet+

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

No comments:

Post a Comment